SurveyTracker E-Mail/Web Survey Software
SurveyTracker E-Mail/Web 6.0 has the following requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10.
- 1 Ghz or faster Intel or equivalent processor.
- 1 GB RAM (Additional system RAM may be needed for advanced surveys).
- 1 GB hard disk space (Base install is around 250MB - additional drive space is needed and is dependent on the number and size of survey projects).
- CD-ROM drive for installation.
- Monitor resolution of at least 800x600.
- Display properties set to 96 DPI or equivalent.
- Administrative rights required during installation.
- Internet connectivity during registration.
SurveyTracker Web Survey Options/Requirements
SurveyTracker E-Mail/Web can create Web surveys that are either hosted on your local web server or are auto-hosted on a remote hosted web server. SurveyTracker generates all the files necessary for these web surveys to operate on the web.
- Either a Windows or Unix-based Web server running Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 4.0 or greater, APACHE, NCSA, CERN, or equivalent.
- Web site must support one of the following script types: Classic ASP, Perl 5 or higher, or ColdFusion 5 or higher.
- Response data can be returned via e-mail or stored as a file on the server:
- E-mail: CDOSYS (native to Windows 2003 and later), CDONTS (native to Windows 2000), ASPMail, sendmail, or ColdFusion required on the server to return responses to an e-mail application on a local machine. Responses must be sent to a local e-mail inbox in order to collect the data (web-based mail program not supported).
- File: Proper server read/write permissions to allow script to store data on the server. FTP tool, direct access, or similar ability required by end user to retrieve file from server.
- Password, response merge, and Save and Resume functionality must use ASP scripts on Windows servers that support 32bit applications. Read/write permissions for the database folder are required.
- The average size of SurveyTracker's web surveys is between 40-50k per page.
- If the ADA/Section 508 Compliancy version of the survey is supported, a second set of HTML files is generated for each page of the survey. Each of these pages is between 25-40k.
- The average script size is around 100k.
- If responses are stored on the server, the average size of the file depends on the length of the survey, the number of responses, and the length of write-in responses. For example, a data file with 150 responses to a 25 question survey can be about 22k.
- If a Real-Time Report is used, about 1-2k.
- If an external web database is used, its file size will vary depending on the number of respondent in the list. A database with 250 members starts at 100k. This database does not store response data.
Auto-Host web surveys hosted on SurveyTracker.Net
- Open connection to the Internet (via Port 2001) to upload/update web surveys.
- Auto-host account (account is set up through SurveyTracker).
- Response data can either be returned by e-mail or stored on the auto-host server.
- Responses returned by e-mail require a local e-mail program (web-based mail program not supported).
- Response data stored on the auto-host server needs an open connection to the internet (port 2001).
- Direct access to the SMTP server, Microsoft Outlook (32bit only), Microsoft Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Lotus Notes, or Novell GroupWise required to send surveys. An e-mail application listed above required to collected response data by e-mail.
|<- Back||Version Home|
Distribution Methods || Data Collection || Reports || System Requirements